<1 min reads
Fort Margherita is three-store tower which is located in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia. It was built in 1879 by Charles Brooke, rajah of Sarawak and named after his much-loved wife Margaret Alice Lili de Windt.
The fort has significant role of Sarawak`s history which brings back to Brooke Dynasty. Historical important landmark was constructed in English style of building castles to guard Kuching from pirates as it was situated across Sarawak River.
This monument functioned as Police Museum then was handed over to Sarawak State Government. Now Fort Marghrita is serving as a tourist attraction and is part of Kuching Heritage Trail.